Parambikulam History

By / 2 years ago / About Parambikulam / No Comments
Parambikulam History

Parambikulam forest area was under two administrative regions ie. Sungam Forest Reserve and Parambikulam. Teak plantations began in 1921 and last palantation happened in 1981.In 1907,Tramway was introduced to transport valuable timber from the forest to Chalakudy from where it could be transported via road. However it was abolished in 1951 by the Special Finance Committee. Later in the 1960’s Sungam Forest Reserve was declared as Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary.

Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary is the most protected ecological area with sanctuaries and protected areas of Kerala and Tamil Nadu. The flora and fauna of the sanctuary are preserved from Peechi to Eravikulam due to minimal human interference. With pure water availability round the year, tourists can spot the animals round the year.

Western Ghats is one of the world’s 34 bio diversity hotspots, with various species of animals and the tranquilizing beauty of mother nature.

admin

The author didn't add any Information to his profile yet.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked. *
error: Content is protected !!